If you are hoping to make a living out of your website then there are certain things you will want to avoid. The web hosting choices that you make will largely determine the success of your website.
– Not fully knowing your requirements is one of the biggest mistakes that you can make when it comes to web hosting. If you are not familiar with your requirements then how can you really expect to choose the correct web hosting package? Before you actually choose a web hosting provider it is vital that you work out what your website’s requirements actually are.
– It is important that you look at the website of the host in order to assess it. Look around for another web host if you thing that their website is in any way amateurish. It is highly unlikely that the web host will take much care of your website if they can’t even be bothered to make their own one look professional.
– You should expect to pay for your web hosting package. Do not think that it would be best to get a free web hosting service as these packages are hardly ever free.
– Make sure you keep backups of all your data; don’t rely completely on your web host to do this for you.
– Be on the look out for reviews that are so positive about a web hosting provider that they seem too good to be true. Reviews can be written by anyone and most web hosting providers will actually pay people to write positive reviews or will write them themselves.
Although reseller accounts can be quite good they are not usually directly connected to the internet and are normally just connected to a larger server elsewhere.
Whenever you make your decision to enter the big, bad world of internet marketing, you should really have web hosting dealt with beforehand. But the world of web hosting can be confusing. An example of this could be coming across reseller web hosting or even linux web hosting when you are looking at different hosting plans.