What is Viral Marketing? Importance of Good Viral Marketing Campaigns:
Viral marketing refers to a strategy in which you get other people to promote your products. Using various means, you will entice your customers, email subscribers etc to pass on information about your products or services to others. A lot of times, these people will be promoting your products for free. This can generate huge exposure for your business.
Viral marketing can be good for affiliate marketers. If you want to learn about how to succeed in affiliate marketing, then study about viral marketing strategies in detail. They can be of great help to you.
If you are an affiliate marketer, you can generate a large amount of traffic to your site and possibly lots of sales if you can make people start promoting your website or affiliate link. But the question arises as to why would somebody want to promote your product? How can you make people spread word about your products?
Let me give helpful tips to start popular viral campaigns and get a lot of people to promote your business:
1. A popular strategy is to give some good quality ebook or report to others free of cost. You can allow them to download the ebook as well as pass it on to others provided that they don’t modify it. This can start a viral virus with dozens of interested people passing on your report to others.
2. If you don’t like writing an ebook yourself, you can outsource the task to a talented freelance writer. Or you may consider purchasing PLR rights to a good quality ebook on the subject of your niche. Another cool option is to give away software instead of an ebook. Software giveaways can also become popular and generate huge publicity.
3. You can also offer incentives to people so that they spread your word around more. You might have seen ‘tell a friend scripts’ in which a person refers a website or product to a few friends. You can use such scripts on your site and offer additional freebies if people refer others to your site.
4. Give unexpected and unannounced bonuses to people. For example, if someone downloads an ebook, give them something extra which they were not expecting. Instead of one ebook as announced, allow them to download 3 ebooks. Won’t they be excited and tell about this to many others?
5. Provide your mailing list subscribers with very high quality content and a lot of freebies as well. They will become fond of you and will tell about your newsletter to other people. This will mean free publicity for you.
You Don’t Need Top Google Ranking for Traffic:
If you use the above techniques properly, you can get tons of free traffic just through viral marketing alone. You won’t have to depend only on search engines for getting visitors to your web site.
Related Article – Affiliate marketing for beginners